Thursday, March 29, 2012

We Got An Award, Yo.

We here at Two Beans Or Not Two Beans have recently been granted The Versatile Blogger Award!

*cheers, fanfare, confetti and ticker tape parade*

As with most blogger awards, its acceptance comes with having to earn it by following as set of rules. So, without further ado, the procedures are as follows:

Numéro Un.
Nominate 15 bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.


These lucky fellows are none other than:


1. Invader Stu from Invading Holland. One of my (Barb) favorite blogs of ALL TIME. A fair warning, though: you may bust a gut laughing when you read about his hilarious cultural shock life in the lowlands.


2. Emily from Emily in the Glass. Emily writes beautifully about France and wines and takes awesome photography.

3. Seilann from Sand from a Distant Shore. Her blog is quite underground, so be sure to channel your inner hipster when you read it.

4. Neenuh over at Francey Pants. Her talented Minnesotan humor needs more exposure, folks.

5. Tricia at Confessions of a Recovering Cynic. She's going to publish a book soon!

6. Crazy Cris at Here, There and Everywhere. Her hiking journeys across Spain are simply gorgeous!

7. Joanna at Dehydration and Procrastination. Whenever she posts new cartoons, it is magical.

8. Ash from Ash-Matic Does Things. This new-comer is indeed up and coming with a blogging punch! His imaginative take on activities are hilarious and featured with cartoons.

9. Brandon and Bryan from A Beer for the Shower. Start reading their blog posts and cartoons and you won't stop until you've reached the very beginning of it...or have died from laughter.

10. Harley from 1., b., Platypus....Her various topics will keep you reading. Some will make you think and others will make you laugh (One of coffee bean's favorite reads).

11. Doublexuan from Whiny Pencil. He is an illustrator with some AMAZING illustrations. Check it out and be amazed!

12. Dave from Blogography. His cartoons are just too cute and he always has a good story to tell. He also has some nice pictures on his posts.

13. The person from Arguing with a Doughnut. Has crazy cartoons :D You will love it!

14. Amy from Geek with Curves. If you like all geeky things, like me, then you will simply love this blog. (Coffee bean especially loves all the good youtube videos!!)

15. The person from Ikea Hackers. Coffee bean loves all things from Ikea!! So she just couldn't help herself...

(To the award's recipients: even if you don't participate in these sort of posts, or have won it previously, just know that we do genuinely love your blogs and wanted to show some recognition!)

Numéro Deux.
In the same post, add The Versatile Blogger Award.



(Please take a moment to "ooh" and "ahh" at its glorious green splendor.)

Numéro Trois.

In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.

That honor befalls upon none other than the lovely Anna Smith over at Universal Gibberish and Mik from Stylish Obsessions! Thank you so much!

Numéro Quatre.

In the same post, share seven completely random pieces of information about yourself.

Since there are two of us, we've decided to divide the Random Facts in half. Therefore, each fact will be evenly distributed by 3.5. You can read about these facts at the end of the rules list.

Numéro Cinq.
In the same post, include this set of rules.

Numéro Six.
Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

Right. So, here are the Seven Random Facts about us, Coffee Bean and French Bean. We will also refer to ourselves in the third person because it will help distinguish who said what; please don't think we are pretentious like The Jerk Mido from Ocarina of Time.

Drumroll, please...

Uno.
French Bean and Coffee Bean met at the same high school, but due to the difference in their graduating years, they only ever shared one class together: yearbook.


Dos.
Coffee bean has a strange addiction to keys (i.e. key earrings, key necklaces, decorative keys etc...).


She has more key items somewhere. By the way, the earrings you see, she made them herself.






Tres.
If it weren't so detrimental to her health, French Bean would happily subsist on nothing but ice cream, café cubano, medianoche sandwiches and Stacy's "Simply Naked" Pita Chips.


But mostly ice cream.






Cuatro.
Hating the same routine and look, coffee bean changes her hair color/style every so often.







Cinco.
French Bean has a D.J. alter ego (who will be coming soon to a birthday blog post near you).






Seis.
 Being a social drinker, coffee bean is proud to say that she can chug beer and other alcoholic drinks.


coffee bean does have a picture of her chugging down beer, but she rather not show it. Instead she will show you a picture of this fruity drink.






Siete.
To prevent any psychological distress, French Bean's underwear somehow needs to (rather illogically) either complement or coordinate with her wardrobe.


Take, for instance, this photo of her wearing a frilly top with red flowers.



Even if you don't see it, chances are French Bean is sporting her red bra and panties to go with it.




We are so happy to have had such an award bestowed on our blog! Thanks once again from both of us!


Hanny the Coffee Bean and Barb the French Bean

36 comments:

  1. I like the toy story thing in the picture! Is that made of Legos?

    Sorry Toys Story is my favorite movie. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is made out of legos and it is one of my favorites too! :D


      -Hanny

      Delete
  2. Congratulations guys :) Some weird and partly wonderful facts there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award!

    And you just reminded me I have a full bag of naked pita chips in my cupboard AND a full thing of hummus in the fridge. How did they make it a week without being busted in to? It's the world's next big mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg I went through a huge hummus phase, where I could not stop eating hummus...I have no idea how you managed to keep it in the fridge for a week, I would have eaten it by now.

      -Hanny

      Delete
  4. I too enjoy a good bowl of ice cream. But my underwear never match. Can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. If it makes you feel any better I sometimes don't match my socks...

      -Hanny

      Delete
  5. THANK YOU gals for sharing the goodwill. Proud of you, and love your blog. You DEFINITELY are versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank YOU very much, Emily! :D

      Bisous, ma chère!

      -Barb

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the award and thanks for giving me some new blogs to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award - and thanks for nominating me! Your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award nomination...I'm the person on the Ikea Hackers blog and I looooovvvveee everything Ikea too. Love your lady cartoons...they make me smile :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I loveeeeeeee Ikea and the blog! Really great stuff :)

      -Hanny

      Delete
  9. Awww.. Thank you guys :)

    I have to know is the drink in the photo fruity because of it's taste or is it just really camp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fruity because of its taste. Though having so much of it made me tipsy...damn fruity drinks.

      -Hanny

      Delete
  10. Congrats to you and all the winners. Now I have another 15 Bloggers I'll need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations guys... I am not jealous at all... honest

    Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for congratulating us :) I wish there was some sort of like button. I basically read all the comments and wanted to like them, but I forgot this wasn't facebook XD

    -Hanny

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations beanies.... although my blog did award your blog a few weeks ago with this same award :) jus sayin

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's too bad a cash prize doesn't come with winning these blogger awards. Life just isn't fair I tells ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the reward for now comes from all the lovely comments we get! ^.^

      Delete
  15. Felicidades mis queridas frijolitas!!! Y MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS! You two are excellent and always a hoot and a half to read! :o)

    I'm afraid I don't have time though to do awards posts... I can barely keep up with my regular posting as it is! I actually have a draft post that must be at least 2 years old with links to awards I've been granted and needed to acknowledge on the blog... I'm afraid it's lost under a pile of cyber dust *face pink with shame* :s

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Cris! :D

      And I understand how that cyberdust works. No worries. ^.^

      Delete
  16. Congratulaziones (I know this is not a word, shush) and thank you!!! I also have to coordinate or compliment my wardrobe with my underwear. It is vastly important! And I love Coffee Bean's hair!

    Also, a DJ alter ego? Colour me intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! I glad to see that I'm not the only one who coordinates her underwear! :D

      Delete
  17. Congrats! I always enjoy your posts so I'm glad you've been recognized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Beans, I am loving your blog! Hey, I got the Versatile Blogger Award once, too. We have that, the love of coffee, silliness and whimsy, and unemployment in common!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, team! And why's it weird to coordinate underwear and clothes? I do it with my boxers, and as far as I know everybody does it. No?

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb