Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cat Make-Up Practice = FAIL



As I mentioned in a previous post, I plan to dress up this Halloween with cat ears. So, I got the idea that I should start practicing painting myself like a cat for said costume.

I even had the appropriate music, complete with catchy, head-bobbing-inducing beats, to inspire me in making my face look more feline.

Before you ask if I really love cats: I'm allergic to 'em, so I, too, can't hug every cat.



(The video is not mine.)

I did decorate my face, although I think the make-up session went more in the direction of "If Mimes Crossbred with the Mike Myers's Cat in the Hat."



Barb the French Bean

EDIT/P.S.

For all of you lovely people who grace this blog with keyword searches around the lines of "cat make-up" or "cat eye make-up" or even "Halloween cat makeup," here is a picture of what I actually looked like on Halloween. I called my costume "Sophisti-Cat."




You're welcome.

12 comments:

  1. Every time I come across this video, I will press play. EVERY. TIME.

    :)

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now you are allergic to yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine: I know, right? It's just so catchy!

    Stu: You know, I think I *might* be allergic to myself. Right after I transformed into a cat, my face began to itch and I wanted to sneeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video's good. And so's your make-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it looks cute! somehow i've been talked into going with a group as care bears. i have no idea what kind of makeup that requires, & i'm a little bit scared to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good actually!

    I am allergic to cats yet I have two that I adopted ... stupid stupid me. Every Fall, I end up at the doctor's on oxygen machines but I know no one will take them in AND since they're "older" - they won't find homes easily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramakant: Thank you very much! BTW, I tried to comment on your blog, but haven't been able to. Love the red gerbera photos! :D

    Siddathornton: That's why you gotta practice your make-up beforehand. Stores this time of the year have all sorts of make-up in any color you'd like! Good luck with it!

    Janice: Ooh. Still, I'm sure the kitties appreciate your love and care for them, even if it means sacrificing three boxes of Kleenex and a packet of Benadryll pills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. And I DO want to hug every cat! I went as a cat last year for the first time ever, which is surprising since I <3 cats so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel: Thanks! And it's never too late to dress up as what you like, even if it took a while. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey babe why do you say that it was a cat makeup fail??? in my opinion it is not a failure, you look so cute with that cat makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey this is quite awesome, so cute cat makeup!
    I was actually looking for some creepy Halloween makeup but cat look isn't a bad idea afterall.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb