Tuesday, May 17, 2011

B-B-B-Boooooyfriiiiieeend?!

I can't bring myself to saying it, I am still in shock as to what I got myself into. It happened rather quick and unexpectedly. Since last Wednesday, I became someones girlfriend.

That's right, I said G-I-R-L-F-R-I-E-N-D. The very word I have to spell out because I am still in shock that I now have that title.

Anyone in my position would feel happy to be in such a great relationship, but for some odd reason, I am having trouble accepting it. Sure, I was hoping for the day we would be "official," but the very word boyfriend sounds weird to me.

Perhaps, it is the fact that I have been single for about a year now or maybe because it feels "too good to be true."

Maybe it's because it is just recent or most likely it could be the fact that I had gotten so used to bashing my ex-boyfriend, crushing on random boobahs, or getting hit on by a creeper. Either way, I still can't bring myself to saying the damned word without stuttering.

Hopefully with time, it will get better.

Hanny the coffee bean

10 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! And I'm sure you'll get used to it in at least a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post! Believe me, after a few years it won't be such a big deal. And it's not too good to be true, it is true! So get excited about it! Congrats!



    Check out my blog:
    thehappycollegestudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually really cool :) And yeah, you have to get used to being someone's girlfriend instead of just roaming freely. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoomp there it is! Should be good times. Just a label sweetie. I believe it's the feeling that matters! Have fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I found it weird too... I mean being called someone Boyfriend (now husband), not girlfriend... I've never been to prison *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYZ!!! :-D

    After so much heartbreak, you finally got a guy who is worthy of you! I'm so happy, my partner-in-crime!

    So, when are ya updating your FB status, 'cause ya know that it ain't official until it is on FB. (I kid, of course.)

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jay: I hope so! For some reason this relationship feels different than the others (well when it comes to saying boyfriend/girlfriend)

    Melissa: Thank you! love the blog by the way since I'm still in college myself ^_^

    Jodie-Ann: haha I know...it's bad I kept checking out a bunch of guys about to chat one up until I relized I wasn't single anymore XD

    PBB: Yes I know it is just the label, but knowing that it exists is weird enough lol

    Invader Stu: LOL!!! O_o I think I would pee my pants if i were called someones wife...so not ready for that.

    Barb: Yes finally! Ahaha I don't think I'll ever update my FB status, especially since he hasnt mentioned it or anything and I'm not going to make a big deal about that. Though it would be fun what my creeper would say about the changing status.

    -Hanny the coffee bean

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I forgot to tip you in...visit my Blog Post: Butterfly Award
    seems you have things going your way! Cheers!
    PS here's the link:

    http://coffeeandsmokeschat.blogspot.com/2011/05/butterfly-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much PBB! ^_^

    -Hanny the coffee bean

    ReplyDelete
  10. as a girl who was once convinced my reign of almost three years in the realm of singledom was fated to be permanent....I know what you mean about the d-word feeling a bit ...weird. but you'll get used to it.

    So enjoy it! boyfriends = free backrubs!

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb